Origins of the 1960 School

The original single room school of 1856 lasted almost unchanged, until an act of God, ended its days in the fire of 1951.Even then it came back to life with and asbestos roof and concrete floor and in primitive conditions, housed pupils throughout the 1950's. It might have lasted longer had not the curate, Fr. Philip Morris, taken things in hand during a two year-long wait for a new Parish Priest in 1959. In 1960, a span-new two roomed school was built on the present Tineteriffe N.S. site.


In 1993 a third classroom was added and shortly afterwards a fine basketball court. The school playing pitch was also extended.

Back to top

Teachers In the School

Dermot Lyne, from Kerry
Mrs. Enda O' Mahoney, 1967
Enda O' Mahoney, Dromalty, 1965
Mary T. Holmes, (Mrs. O' Dea), 1968
Antoinette Darcy, Limerick, 1978
Maura O' Dwyer ( Mrs. Aherne), Dromkeen, 1983
Margaret Hickey, Newport, 1997
Karen Franklin, Pallasgreen,
Deridre Treacy, Limerick, 1999
Claire Barry, Castleconnell. 2001
Kitty O' Malley ( Mrs. Sheehan),Farnane, 2001
Ita Kelly, Glin, 2003
Marguerite Ryan, Emly, 2004
Elizabeth Ryan, Farnane, 2004
Mary Harty, Pallasgreen, 2004

Back to top